- The ultimate heavy-duty professional tripod
- Perfect for maintaining no shake in windy conditions for landscape photographers and just as ideal for impressive stability in the studio
- Weighs 1.66kg (58.55oz)
- Extends up to 1445mm (56.89″) height
- 10 layer carbon fibre build provides high strength to weight ratio
- Supports up to 26kg (57.3lbs) load capacity
- Flat base that is removable and can be interchanged with the EX-ACPROCC centre column (Available separately)
- 4 sections with twist leg locks
- Multiple shooting heights with leg angle and height adjustments
Explorer Ascent Professional Carbon Fibre Tripod
The Explorer Ascent Professional Carbon Fibre Tripod is our largest and most suitable for larger photography setups where stability is the main objective. It’s perfect for maintaining no shake in windy conditions for landscape photographers, and just as ideal for impressive stability in the studio. The large load capacity of up to 26kg ensures high stability in a multitude of conditions, whether that be in the studio or out exploring the landscape. The 10X layer carbon fibre provides rigidity but keeps the weight low.
Each leg is attached to the tripod’s collar via an offset leg joint that helps to evenly distribute heavy loads and maintain the tripod’s rigidity. The joints and collar are constructed of lightweight anodized aluminum, which aside from lending inherent strength to the tripod, also provides it with natural wear and corrosion resistance. Each one of the three leg joints also features a variable angle stop that allows multiple shooting positions.
The flat mount can be swapped for the EX-ACPROCC centre column (available separately) if more height is required. Additional weights or a camera bag can be mounted to the centre hook to add extra weight for windy conditions. 3/8″ and 1/4″ accessory ports are included on the centre junction to mount accessories such as the Explorer Sidekick magic arm. The flat mount features a 3/8″ stud that will accept most tripod heads.
4 sections extend to create a high maximum working height and collapse to ensure a portable carry. 3 leg angles selections can be made to settle the tripod on uneven terrain and also to allow for super low angle shooting when the legs are splayed out.